All of us here at Booker would love to wish our readers a very happy 4th of July weekend! Make sure you find the time this weekend to spend time with friends and family, devour lots of hotdogs and burgers, and watch a bunch of fantastic fireworks. Below are 5, fun 4th of July facts to get you in the mood for celebrating our great nation's independence day.
1. John Hancock was actually the only founding father who signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, 1776. Everyone else signed later on.
2. Thomas Jefferson was only 33 years old when he penned the Declaration of Independence.
3. The White House didn't have it's very first 4th of July party till 1801.
4. On July 4th 1776 there were only about 2 million living in the new nation. Today there are over 300 million.
5. Around 150 million hot dogs were consumed last year for the 4th of July.
Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!
About the Author
John Rigo is a content marketer with Booker. His areas of expertise are writing and market research. John brings a unique perspective to the blogosphere with his extensive background in publishing. He also has a love for small and local businesses – how they work, how they grow, and why they succeed.More Content by John Rigo