The Zombie Apocalypse is upon us...and you can thank Pokémon Go for that! By now, I know you’ve heard something or another about Pokémon Go, the augmented reality game that has literally taken over the world. In case you haven't checked it out yet, it's available at your app store for both Android and iOS...and it's FREE!
(actual Pokémon Go players)
At any given time of the day, you’ll see someone swiping up and down on their phone, trying their hardest to catch every Pokémon in sight. What started off as a cute new game has exploded into a worldwide phenomenon, and businesses all around are paying attention.
So, what does Pokémon Go have to do with your salon?
It’s all about bringing in potential new customers by placing a Lure at a Pokéstop located near your business. Many Pokéstops are located near areas that are clustered with businesses, so be sure to check whether you’ve got a Pokéstop near you!
What’s a Lure? A Lure can be placed at any location of your choosing, let’s go with your salon in this instance. Once you’ve set up your Lure, you can draw more people into your business for 30 minutes at a time. For an easy how-to on placing a lure at your salon, check this post out. Lures only cost a couple bucks, so it's definitely worth giving it a shot.
So, what’s Lure got to do with it?
Pokémon Go has done what we all thought was the impossible, it’s finally brought people outside and keeps them walking around, increasing foot traffic to different landmarks and local businesses. Placing these Lures around your business can help to attract potential new clients that have yet to discover your business.
Once you’ve placed the Lure at a Pokéstop near your Salon, make sure you have a game plan for communicating that you’ve placed a Lure there.
Need some ideas on how to leverage Pokémon Go to your salon?
- Create a special discount for all new customers that walk in through Pokémon Go.
- Create a social media campaign for all of your followers and let them know about your new Pokemon promotion
- Create a rewards program for customers that share their Pokémon activity at your salon on their social media. For every photo share, offer a 10% special on all services
- Create a referral program for every new customer someone brings with them through Pokémon Go
- Put signage outside of your salon, letting everyone know that you’ve set up a Lure
- Try it during the particularly slow days of your salon, the more action the better
Take advantage of the Pokémon Go craze before it’s too late!
About the Author
Aditi Vora is a skilled digital marketer with a passion for content marketing and exploring new and fun ways to keep her audience informed and engaged. She's currently the Senior Manager of Content at Booker Software.Follow on Google Plus Follow on Twitter More Content by Aditi Vora