It’s the beginning of May, what to say to your fellow small business owners?
…Happy Small Business Week! This week, the Small Business Association is celebrating its annual Small Business Week to recognize all the small business owners in the U.S and all their achievements and impact on creating new jobs, driving innovation and increasing America’s global competitiveness.
Some quick facts about Small Businesses…
- There are 27 million small businesses in the U.S.
- More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create 2 out of every 3 new jobs in the US every year.
- A shocking 60% of small businesses don’t put their phone numbers on their website and social channels.
- Facebook is the best home for small business. Facebook is leading among all the social websites with 82% of small businesses registered.
- It isn’t due to a lack of talent. With 68% of SMB owners at a hiring standstill, many claim it’s because they can’t afford to or that their businesses haven’t been growing.
- Many small business owners are contributing to National Small Business Week through online panel discussions.
Are you in the mood to celebrate? We are!
Booker is proud to celebrate with all of the small businesses we work with and we’re excited to showcase how you feel as a small business owner! Check out our social media challenge and enter for a chance to win an Amazon Echo – cause we could all use a helping hand!
About the Author
Aditi Vora is a skilled digital marketer with a passion for content marketing and exploring new and fun ways to keep her audience informed and engaged. She's currently the Senior Manager of Content at Booker Software.Follow on Google Plus Follow on Twitter More Content by Aditi Vora