We know it’s impossible to keep up with all of the news in the beauty and wellness industries. That’s why we’ve cherry-picked the articles from this week that matter most for salon and spa professionals like you.
[Marketing] Is This Missing from Your Marketing?
Source: Spa Show USA
Spa owners and managers are excited to help clients look and feel their best. But when it comes to marketing, most people’s excitement starts to turn to dread.
If the passion you feel for your business is missing from your marketing efforts, you may want to start looking at marketing through a different lens. Instead of thinking about it as an icky, car-salesman kind of activity, think of marketing as an extension of your communication with clients. Your messages, tone, and style should all align with how you would talk about your services and products when someone visits your spa.
Why It Matters: While you can subtly market to clients who come into your spa on a regular basis in person, you have to use other marketing channels to acquire new customers and communicate with people who haven’t visited you in awhile. Instead of considering marketing a chore, think of it as the first (or next) point of communication with your audience. Be genuine and helpful, and your marketing will not only be effective—it’ll also be fun for you to do!
[Trends] 10 Spa Trends for 2015
Source: American Spa
It’s still January, which means that the experts are still in forecasting mode regarding industry trends. For spas, here are 10 trends predicted to take off in 2015:
- Forest bathing.
- Cannabis treatments.
- Middle Eastern and African wellness remedies.
- Blue Collar wellness perks.
- Home and communities planned around holistic wellness.
- Super-social fitness.
- Spas on demand.
- Hyper-personalized beauty.
- Improved health through a healthy stomach.
- Redefining luxury experiences.
Why It Matters: These predicted trends run the gamut from tame to extreme, but the majority focus on wellness from the inside out. Would you consider adopting any of these into your spa’s menu in the coming year?
[Planning] 4 Strategies to Elevate Your Success This Year
Source: Skin Inc
Whether you’re glad to turn a new leaf after a rough 2014 or are still riding high from your successes last year, now’s the time to be planning for the next 12 months. Here are 4 strategies you can implement to be even more successful in 2015:
- SWOT Analysis: Take a look at your business’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats for the year ahead.
- Success Planning: Develop a clear roadmap to success by outlining your goals and what you will do to achieve them in the coming months.
- Stay Educated: Attend seminars, webinars, and trade shows to stay abreast of the latest beauty trends and chat with other industry leaders you can learn from.
- Measure Performance: Keep your staff motivated and encourage positive changes by tracking performance and sharing those metrics with your technicians on a regular basis—not just during annual reviews.
Why It Matters: Sometimes, all it takes to go from doing well to doing amazing is some thoughtful, targeted planning and analysis. Spend some time this January assessing your performance from last year, planning your goals for 2015, and taking a hard look at your employees’ and your own performance so you can make the necessary changes to experience even greater success this year.
About the AuthorFollow on Google Plus Follow on Twitter More Content by Ashley Taylor Anderson