It may be hard to believe, but Spring is already in full bloom! With the dawning of a new season comes ample opportunity to allow your marketing efforts to really blossom. Now is a great time to start thinking about new ways to promote your business throughout the new season to help bring in new customers and increase revenue.
Here are some creative ways to ramp up your marketing this spring.
Let’s spring clean your advertising
Springtime is a time for new beginnings, and comes only second to New Year’s in terms of starting anew. It’s time to get rid of the old and bring in the new--think “New season, new you” for your messaging. Use this as a means to reconnect with clients who were MIA during the winter.
Reach out with these “spring cleaning” focused messaging in your ads and social media:
- Hair Salons/Barber Shops: Spring presents the perfect opportunity to draw in new clients. It’s the start of a new season, and with that many of your clients will be excited to sport a new cut and color.
- Spas: Spring has a way of inspiring clients to live healthier, more beautiful lives. This is a good opportunity to offer specials that motivate your clients to be the best version of themselves like facials or detoxes.
- Nail Salons: At the turn of the season, navy blues and oxblood hues are no longer staples in the nail art world - customers will want to lighten things up with pastels that are reminiscent of the budding flowers.
- Tattoo Parlors: Spring is the prime time for anyone thinking of getting a new (or their first) tattoo. With the switch from sweaters to tees and tanks, more skin is shown, so optimize this time to get your clients in the door and showing off that new ink.
Take advantage of the abundance of holidays
Spring is abound with holidays. It’s a time for celebrating and having fun. Check out these ideas for spring holidays that are just begging for you to leverage in any of your small business’ marketing or advertising efforts:
- Easter: Devise some clever promotional ideas. Consider giving out Easter baskets or Easter eggs to customers.
- Passover: If you have a Jewish customer-base observing Passover, you may want to offer matzah at your location. And promotional ideas around Passover, like Easter, is another great idea.
- Earth Day: Think of how you can go green for the day (as well as other days). This will especially resonate with clients who are very environmentally-observant.
- Mother’s Day: Mother’s Day would be an excellent time for an event--if you are operating a salon or spa, offer a special event for mothers and daughters with refreshments, along with special Mother’s Day-themed promotions.
Think spring with color and design
With spring, think rebirth and renewal--flowers, birds, and bright colors. Share spring- like images on your social media pages to get your followers in the mood. Add flowers or bright colors to your website in an eye-catching way. According to Internet design company Aspire, a person’s first impression of your website is 94 percent design-related. This type of imagery will resonate with clients and get them in the mood of the season.
Spring into the new season with web, social media, and marketing materials featuring:
- Bright or pastel colors--avoid anything dark
- Spring-like images that symbolize rebirth and renewal--think flowers, birds, sunshine, blue skies, sundresses, the outdoors, even puppies and babies
- Photos of high quality with bright lighting--avoid anything with dark shadows
Remember - people look forward to spring all winter long, so as a small business owner or manager, use this to your advantage. With spring nearly sprung, try some of these ideas--and leap way ahead of your competition.
About the Author
With over seven years of experience, Denise Prichard is an experienced content marketing professional with a penchant for writing compelling copy and content within the health, wellness and beauty industries. She graduated with a degree in English from Arizona State University in 2010 and currently runs her own blog, Fueled by Vegetables, a project that stems from her passion of living a healthy, joyful life and encouraging others to do the same. When she isn't writing or editing, you can find her teaching yoga classes throughout the valley, inventing yummy recipes and hanging out with her rescue pups, Eleanor and Stevie. She currently serves as the Content + Copy Editor at Booker Software.Follow on Twitter More Content by Denise Prichard