We know it’s impossible to keep up with all of the news in the local business space. That’s why we’ve cherry-picked the articles from this week that matter most for business owners like you.
[Email Marketing] 10 Ways to Improve Open Rates of your Marketing Emails
Email marketing remains an extremely valuable tool for reaching customers in a cost-effective way. It still has one of the highest engagement rates and returns on investment of any marketing strategy — the key is making your company stand out from all of the clutter.
Here are 10 ways to make sure customers are opening your emails:
- Create an engaging subject line.
- Write to one person.
- Write quality content.
- Send from a person, not a company.
- Send at the right time.
- Avoid spam filters.
- Segment your list carefully.
- Don't buy leads.
- Keep your list fresh.
- Format your messages for mobile devices.
Why It Matters: Email marketing is cheap and effective! Use it to your advantage by implementing these tips to ensure your customers are not only receiving your emails, but opening them and reading them. Retain customers, and grow your existing customer base by being creative and following the steps enumerated above.
[Social Media] Top 5 Social Media Trends That Will Impact your Small Business in 2015
Source: Customer Think
Social Media is increasingly becoming essential for businesses both small and large. It seems that each year brings new tools, new platforms, and new forms of communication between businesses and customers.
Check out these 5 predictions of how social media will impact small businesses in 2015:
- Social commerce will grow even bigger in 2015 making online purchases quicker and easier.
- Visual content marketing will engage your audience on social media.
- 2015 will be focusing on SOLOMO - Social Local & Mobile with paid strategy in mind.
- Increase in social advertising spend on newer platforms for greater "shareability" and more targeted outreach.
- Promoted trends on Twitter will drive exposure & earn brand advocates for SMBs.
Why It Matters: At this point, if you're not on social media you're being left behind. But in 2015, just being on social media isn't enough — you need to stay on top of your game, and keep up with social media's ever-changing landscape. Use these predictions as a guide for where SM is headed, and where your business should be setting it's sights in this new year.
[Marketing] 10 Tips for Marketing on a Shoestring Budget
Source: Business 2 Community
Creating a successful marketing campaign that generates revenue is difficult. Doing it with no money is nearly impossible. As a local business owner, you have to believe that anything is possible! With that in mind, here are 10 tips for marketing on a shoestring budget:
- Elevator pitch - keep it short and interesting.
- Community - thinking local can really pay off.
- Collaboration - local businesses can be your friends.
- Networking - get your name out there.
- Public Speaking - be seen.
- Creating a Buzz - take time on PR.
- Referrals - customer referrals are highly valuable.
- Building Relationships - keep existing customers happy.
- Offer Coupons and Incentives - retain customers and gain new ones.
- Giveaways - who doesn't love a giveaway?
Why It Matters: Unfortunately, local businesses operate from a position of weakness in the marketplace because of monetary reasons. Don't let that hold you back. Get your name out there, make sure your customers understand that you value them, and network, network, network!
About the Author