Let me ask you a question. How much time do you spend using your smartphone every day? The answer, if you’re like most people, is probably a few hours. And you probably feel a profound sense of panic when you can’t find your phone or leave it at home, even for a few minutes. Chances are, your friends, family and colleagues are equally attached at the hip to their mobile devices, as well.
Research has corroborated our obsession with all things mobile. A recent study showed that consumers are using mobile devices more every year: As of 2014, people spent upwards of 3.3 hours a day on their smartphones. Additionally, we now spend more time surfing the web on our mobile devices than we do on our computers.
Why Mobile Matters for Your Business
These trends all point to one reality: Your business needs to have a mobile presence. Your customers are there, your potential customers are there, and anyone who may have visited your business in the past is there, as well.
When consumers look for local businesses, they turn first to mobile—and your business needs to be present in order to engage with people where they are, when they’re looking. Once mobile searchers find you, they want to get a quick sense of who your business is and what you have to offer. It’s important to provide mobile-optimized content, such as your service and product descriptions, prices, location, and staff information, to make this process seamless.
Why is mobile worth the investment for your business? Because mobile searchers are primed for action. In fact, 63% of mobile searches lead to the consumer taking an additional action within an hour of their original search, including making a phone call or booking an appointment or class.
Benefits of Mobile Booking Software
Once a mobile searcher has researched your business, the worst thing you can do is make them jump through hoops to complete a booking. This is why mobile booking software is a must-have tool for your business.
Mobile booking software provides the ultimate convenience for your customers. For example, they can:
- Access your service descriptions anytime, anywhere.
- Check your availability from their phone or tablet.
- Book an appointment or class without having to worry about your business being open—or even being at a computer.
With a dedicated mobile app, you can reap even more rewards for your business. An app provides several benefits that web-based bookings don’t, including:
- Mobile Real Estate: With an app, your business can stay top-of-mind with your customers between appointments or classes as they scroll past your app icon on a regular basis.
- Simple Rebookings: An app makes it super easy for customers to rebook the same service or class at a later date.
- Notifications: You can use push notifications to send booking reminders and special offers to keep customers coming back.
- Social Integration: You can pull in posts and images from your social media accounts to help customers stay informed and engaged.
The Bottom Line
Mobile isn’t just an essential part of your personal life. It should be an essential part of your business’s life, as well. Mobile booking software can help you turn mobile searchers into customers by providing an easy, accessible way to make an appointment or sign up for a class. This flexibility will win you points with busy consumers and encourage them to book again in the future. Being present on mobile can give you the edge you need to stand out from your competitors and ensure that potential customers choose your business first.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter