Simply put, mobile technology is a must-have in the modern world of business and will continue to shape consumer behavior and expectations of the future.
Today more than 80% of the world’s population owns a mobile device and uses it for a variety of different reasons. Check out these eye-catching stats:
1. More than two billion mobile devices were shipped globally in 2013
2. This year, mobile internet is predicted to overtake desktop usage.
3. 50% of all local searches are performed on mobile.
4. Mobile accounts for 17% of all eCommerce (online purchases of products & services) sales.
5. 57% of mobile users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site.
6. Not having a mobile optimized website is the equivalent of closing your business one day each week.
7. Mobile ads influence 75% of people to try something new.
8. Within five years, half of today’s smartphone users will be using mobile wallets as their preferred payment method.
9. It took 38 years for radio to reach 50 million users, 13 years for television, 4 years for internet, and 3.5 years for Facebook. In 50 days,the Draw Something app to reached 50 million users.
10. 50% of the average global mobile web users utilize mobile as either their primary or exclusive means of going online.
Bonus Stat: More than 175,000 mobile appointments were booked from December ’13 – February ’14 on the SalonBooker platform.
Your salon needs to be mobile-friendly to remain competitive in the salon space and maximize revenue opportunities. Everything is moving mobile; your salon should be too. Want to discover more on how mobile technology can boost your salon’s success? I’ll be at America’s Beauty Show on Saturday March 22, 2014 teaching to classes from 12:00pm – 1:30pm and 2:30pm – 4:30pm. Join me, as I explore the ways mobile technology can benefit your salon, your employees, and your clients.
About the Author
Tanisha George brings more than a decade of experience in the beauty industry to the Booker team, including an extensive background in salon operations, luxury brand management and customer experience. Prior to joining Booker, Tanisha spent four years at P&G-Frederic Fekkai training salon managers to run seven of the highest performing salons in the country. She also held executive positions at leading companies including L'Oreal and Limited Brands.Follow on Google Plus More Content by Tanisha George