Wouldn’t it be great if small changes yielded big results? Imagine if you started going to the gym once every other month and you woke up with a crazy six pack. Or, wouldn’t life be grand if you went for one voice lesson and the next day you’re the next Beyonce`? Unfortunately, life doesn’t typically work like that. Generally speaking, we have to make big strides to earn big pay-offs. However, generally is the key word here…
If you’re looking to make a small change and reap huge rewards with your business, a legitimate method exists: automated reminders. Using automated reminders seems like a minuscule change to your normal operations, but believe it or not they can cause a major impact. So, let’s get into it… here are 5 benefits to using automated reminders.
There are just never enough hours in the day, right? But, using automated reminders can help ensure you’re making the most of the time you have.
1. No More Phone Call Reminders: How do you currently remind clients about upcoming appointments? If you use the phone, you’re not making the most effective use of your time. Yes, calling customers before their appointment is an effective means of reminding. However, it’s a very timely process. Automated email or text message reminders are just as effective, yet cost you almost 0 time.
2. No More Writing: Now, you might be thinking: how do automated email or text reminders save me time if instead of speaking the words I’m simply writing them? That’s a totally fair question, but any useful automated reminder application should really drive home the “automated” in automated reminder. Ideally, your automated reminder application should have all the text for your reminders done and ready to go out - no writing necessary.
3. No More Guessing Who to Send to: Some automated reminder applications actually scan through your customer profiles daily and calculate the number of days since each customer’s last appointment. Then you have the option to set emails or texts to be sent out based on their last appointment time. You no longer have to manually track or guess which customers should be getting reminders.
You don’t even have to hit the send button! Once you designate which segment to target, your automated reminder application takes care of all the rest - quick, easy, done!
Boosting revenue is almost every business's main goal, and businesses are always on the hunt for new ways to do so. Automated reminders are a typically overlooked method which can greatly help in fattening up those sales numbers.
1. Reduce No-Shows: They throw off your schedule, they waste your time, and they cause a significant loss in revenue, overall - you guessed it, we’re talking customer no-shows. When your customers cancel and don’t come in, you don’t get paid. It’s as simple as that. Automated reminders help reduce no-shows. If customers receive a text or email reminder a day or two before their appointment, chances of forgetting will obviously drastically decrease.
2. Keeps Your Books Open: While automated reminders decrease the chances of no-shows, sometimes clients really just can’t make it. However, automated reminders can help keep you in the know and thus better manage your schedule. The worst is when a customer cancels last minute and now you're stuck twiddling your thumbs during that allotted time. Setting automated reminders to reach customers in advance helps prompt them to give you the heads up if they can’t make an appointment. By knowing in advance, you can open that time slot up to another customer.
So, what’s your take? Are automated reminders a small change with small results, or do you see the same massive benefits we do? Be sure to leave us a comment below!
About the AuthorMore Content by John Rigo