We know it’s impossible to keep up with all of the news in the local business space. That’s why we’ve cherry-picked the articles from this week that matter most for business owners like you.
[Technology] 7 Reasons Visitors Hate Your Business’s Website
A visit to your website is often the first interaction a potential client has with your business. However, there are a lot of factors on your website that can drive viewers away, cutting your relationship short before it even begins.
Here are 7 things you should make sure to fix on your website ASAP:
- Too much text.
- Long page-load times.
- Doesn’t work on mobile.
- Annoying pop-ups.
- Videos that autoplay.
- Complicated online purchase process.
- No way to contact customer service.
Why It Matters: When it comes to website best practices, the first thing to do is to consider what's annoying you when you visit a site. If you wouldn’t want to deal with it, neither will your visitors. Beyond that, simplicity tends to be the best choice when it comes to design, content, and architecture.
[Social Media] What Consumers Expect from Brands on Social
Source: Social Media Examiner
Most businesses know they need to be on social media to connect with customers. But what exactly should you be doing on social? And what does your audience expect from your business in the social arena?
According to a collection of studies in 2014, here are 3 key expectations that consumers have for brands on social.
- Have a Facebook Page. 95% of Millennials think this is a given, as well as 87% of Gen-Xers and 70% of 45-60 year olds.
- Provide customer service on social. Interacting with customers on social can have a big impact on their perception of your brand.
- Minimize sales posts. 62% of social media users say that social media has no influence on their buying decisions.
Why It Matters: Social media is all about giving followers a chance to get to know your business—who you are, what you care about, what you’re an expert on, and what you do. They’re looking to Facebook first and foremost to discover new brands, and they’re turning to other social media channels to interact with businesses they already buy from. They aren’t looking for constant sales pitches or marketing messages—if you provide valuable content and great service on social, you’ll turn followers into customers over time.
[Customer Acquisition] 10 Tips to Find and Win New Clients
When asked what their biggest challenge is, most local business owners say, “finding new customers”. Here are 10 ways you can start to identify and win over new clients in 2015:
- Know who your clients are.
- Create a more personal voicemail message.
- Attend trade shows.
- Create an e-newsletter.
- Volunteer in your local community.
- Partner with other companies.
- Make clients feel special.
- Showcase your work online.
- Ask clients for referrals.
- Help other entrepreneurs.
Why It Matters: The two keys to all 10 tips? Communication and relationship building. If you can find more effective ways to communicate your business’s story and expertise to prospective clients, and build better relationships with your current clients, business partners, and the community, you’ll be well on your way to winning new customers.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Ashley Taylor Anderson